Tuesday, December 13, 2022

My Relationship with Technology

Technology has grown tremendously throughout the years and has been taken to the next level it feels since the time I started using technology to now. We use technology in everyday life. Nowadays in our society it has been around for centuries, to me it has honestly become scary with how much not just myself but everybody in the world uses technology. You almost physically can't stay away from technology nowadays because almost everything that you need is online. I have definitely fell into a spiral with my use of technology to the point where I can say I fully depend on it. I can't go long periods of time without checking social media if I am not distracted by a family dinner or if I am at lacrosse practices, games, meetings, and etc.

With all this technology growth and innovation we have seen not just the growth but as well as the creation and the work of artificial intelligence in today's generation. Some forms of artificial intelligence that we see nowadays are the Tesla cars, these self-driving cars have blown up in the motor vehicle industry with the creation of more self driving cars from companies such as Nissan, Ford and multiple more motor vehicle industries/companies. We have also seen the growth of artificial intelligence in technologies such as phones and for instance the Iphone and the use of Siri. Apple created Siri in 2011 just in time for the Iphone 4s release. Apple created Siri as a virtual assistant so that with a click of a button you can speak into your phone and it will do commands such as surf the internet for what you have asked them to search for, as well as being able to call whomever' name you say in the voice command. Siri has more features than you can ever think of with the progress of the Apple Iphone.
When talking about technology and my connections to it I can say that I use my phone way too much in everyday life but most the time I am doing it, it is for positive reasons such as reaching out to my family and friends since I am living in a different country than them while I am away at school especially for over half of the year. Another positive thing that I do with my technology is my homework on my laptop which I have open for over half of everyday either doing my homework or watching film from practice or from what my coaches have sent me. I can confidently say that a lot of times I am using technology it is for a positive use but I am definitely using technology an aggressive amount. Some of the bad sources of technology I use are not necessarily bad but it is just not of productive use. Some of that technology time being watching Netflix/Youtube, video games, and online shopping.

There will always be the argument about either how terrible technology is for you and you should try your hardest to stay off social media and stay away from technology. However their will always be an argument against that saying how technology and social media can be used for positive use and that you are in control of making your use of technology negative because you are not doing anything productive with it. We are at the point in life where technology is a key necessity in life nowadays with everything being accessible online, you can literally have an online doctors appointment nowadays and this is the work of artificial intelligence taking over society and that is what the governments want.

No comments:

Post a Comment