Thursday, October 20, 2022

Top 5 Media Sources

My Top 5 Sources Of Media And Information

When it comes to the different types of media where people are getting their news from which is great but a lot of these sources of media have biased opinions due to who is the owner and their political point of views. I have put together the top 5 sources of media that I use on a daily for my news which typically stay away from media outlets with political standpoints and point of views.


 1. Twitter

I would have to say that twitter is by far my most used source of media for getting news. What I really like about twitter is that it updates its media so quickly so that when you refresh the page there is already fresh new post ready for you to look at. I use twitter to get quick news updates from around the world, sports and much more.

2. CTV News Ottawa

CTV News Ottawa is my local news station back home. I tend to enjoy watching the news in the morning before I go to work I feel like it really just gives me a good start to the day. What I like about CTV News Ottawa is that I can get stories of stuff that is going on in my city instead of just stuff happening around the world. Another great thing about CTV News Ottawa is that they are a radio station as well so if i,m late going to work I can get traffic, weather updates and trending stories all while i,m driving in my car on the way to work.

3. Instagram

Instagram is a great media and news source. I follow a lot of news based accounts on Instagram so my feed is a lot of news post weather it be local or somewhere else around the world. People may say that Instagram is not a very good media source, but i believe I get a lot of good and trustworthy media sources from Instagram. 

4. TikTok

TikTok may not be seen as a good source for media and news but as I scroll through my feed I get a lot of stories that are true and a lot of news content that is also true. When I open the app a lot of the times I am getting topics on what I had recently talked about throughout the day on my feed and a lot of this is sports news that I am talking about then eventually seeing them. You can also interact with people in the comment section to find out if the information given in the video is fake or not.

5.Fox News

Being Canadian not often do you hear about American news channels/stations but when you do it is always Fox News. I use Fox News for all my main line station news when I am at school. I will always check Fox in the morning and before I go to bed. I find Fox to be a very trusted news station that updates America with credible news.


No comments:

Post a Comment