Monday, December 5, 2022

Privacy On and Offline

I know for a fact that my information is all around for the government to look at and go through. I honestly think that it is absurd how the government can see the text messages between my family and I as well as they have search engines that collect all my data that I have searched. I should be comfortable with searching up data and information online instead of feeling that I am literally being tracked the whole time I am searching for things because the government wants to have all your info so that they think they have an understanding of you as a person without actually knowing you.

While watching the Catherine Crump Ted Talk I learned some very intriguing and disturbing things that the government can do. By now we all know the government has been tacking us humans our entire lives. Something very disturbing that I heard Catherine talk about was how the government can use a device which is called the stingray to be able to track what phones are in the house so that they can track who the people in the house are at once or at the times that they want to check who is in the house.
I believe that the government should have access to these files but limited access and not towards the point where they are just stalking us but just making sure that we are not making any critical bad decisions but at the same time it just makes me feel that the government is just doing this for fun so that they can judge people on what they do on social media and etc.
To protect our selves from having the government and hackers invading our privacy is create fake emails. What I mean by this is lots of times when people are shopping online or even in store they ask for your email and this is a perfect time to use the fake email because you can now use that for your spam mail. You can also use this email for school purposes if you don't want to use your real email on google chrome or safari because your email is not fully protected under those two users which means they may have access to your mail. Another way to keep your media private is to make all your social media accounts private or even just delete them, my only downfall of saying to delete it is that you never know even if its deleted someone could still have a hold of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment